Youth and Adult Counselling
Some of the reasons why clients seek out counselling:
- Social and professional isolation
- Personal identity confusion or loss
- Low self-esteem
- Feeling challenged and hopeless about yourself, your spouse, your children, or other family members in achieving academic, career, or life goals
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Difficulty in falling asleep or sleeping too much
- Constant worry about your current and future life
- Constant worry about families, friends, and others
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Loss of trust in yourself and others
- Poor family relationships, social and professional relationships
- Feeling that you are stuck and cannot find the way out
- You find it difficult to communicate or be understood effectively.
1:1 therapy sessions for healing and growth. For clients experiencing anxiety, stress, depression, trauma, life transitions. Counselling can help create balance
Sessions are 50 minutes. Longer sessions can be arranged.
Whether it is school anxiety or other areas in life, I work from a family approach in helping children and youth overcome their problems. I will incorporate the use of art, mindfulness and provide practical skills that can be used at home or at school. I will ask family members to join session towards that end of each session and follow up with phone calls to monitor progress.
I tailor my approach to fit a youth’s unique needs and goals.
It is easy to feel overwhelmed with school transitions (elementary to high school) and/or life transitions (e.g. puberty). Counselling can be a safe place to talk about life’s stresses and gain a fresh perspective