English, Bengali and Hindi
- Crime Victim Assistance Counsellor
- First Nations Authority Contract Counsellor
- EAP Contract Counsellor
I have always wanted to help people succeed in their life journey. When you are sitting down for a counselling session, I want you to feel supported, safe and succeed.
My various life experiences have led me to be a counsellor and serve others. I am community focused with volunteer experiences such as crisis line call taker and victim service worker and in addition to counselling, I work with the public library services.
My Counselling Approach
My therapeutic approach is collaborative. It is a privilege to work with clients as a counsellor. I value a client’s wisdom, self-knowledge, and personal strengths they bring into therapy. I seek to incorporate these in our work together.
My counselling practice incorporates evidence-based techniques from cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT), mindfulness-based approaches, solution-focused therapy, and family systems approach.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) helps bring awareness to automatic thought processes (often split-second interpretations about the meaning of what happens around us), and teaches how changing our relationship with our thoughts can help change our feelings and behaviours.
- Dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT) is a cognitive behavioural treatment with a focus on the integration of opposites “dialectics”, and providing skills for emotion regulation
- A mindfulness-based approach incorporates aspects of meditative practice, breath work, and the cultivation of a mindful way of being, which can increase one’s ability to cope while decreasing stress and anxiety. Mindfulness is often used in the treatment of depression and anxiety, but can be useful for a number of issues.
- Solution-Focused therapy future-focused, goal-directed, and focuses on solutions, rather than on the problems that brought clients to seek therapy
- Family Systems Approach designed to improve relationships and communication within the family structure by viewing the family as an emotional unit addressing a person’s actions, emotions, and perceptions as they relate to that person’s dynamic within the family unit.
If you are interested in online/phone counselling connect with me
If you are interested in having new conduct workshops connect with me
If you are interested in counselling connect with me
Promise to Provide a Professional and Ethical Service
I am a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC #10001199) and a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC #13606). Which means that you will have professional who adheres to the code of ethical guidelines governed by the regulating body of the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors and Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association. Part of ethical service means that if I feel your situation may be better suited with someone else, I will help you find a referral source in the community.
A designation of BC Association of Clinical Counsellors